We have been retained by a challenger financial services & wealth management business to search for a Brand and Communications Marketing Director / Chief Marketing Officer / VP of Marketing to build a well-known and trusted brand in the financial services sector and drive customer growth across the UK.
Reporting into the CEO, the Brand and Communications Marketing Director / Chief Marketing Officer / VP of Marketing will have overall responsibility for forming and executing all aspects of their marketing, brand, and communications strategy to acquire, delight and retain customers in the UK. You’ll initially lead a small internal team and external agencies, as well as group companies who may also have some localised marketing capability.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned marketing leader to take a fast-growing and successful financial planning business with significant private equity backing and create a unified and respected brand. The role will require someone who is capable of being hands on and operating at a highly strategic level.
The organisation has significant backing and are on a 5-year scaling journey. This critical role will play a key part in this growth, and you’ll be incentivised with significant equity.
This is a hybrid role with 2 days per week working from home and the rest with the exec team in London or at regional group company offices.
The Brand and Communications Marketing Director / Chief Marketing Officer / VP of Marketing will:
* Be accountable for developing overall brand expression, delivering a consistent and powerful presentation of the brand.
* Influence and partner with senior stakeholders to help build a compelling brand narrative and ensure the vision is adopted across the group.
* Develop and deliver the group’s content marketing and search engine marketing strategies to engage target audiences and improve organic search rankings.
* Devise and deliver targeted, measurable digital and offline campaigns which are recognisably from a new voice in financial services, so driving NPS, conversion rates and commercial growth.
* Manage relationships with key stakeholders across the business to ensure buy-in to marketing communications strategy and initiatives.
The Brand and Communications Marketing Director / Chief Marketing Officer / VP of Marketing must have:
* Extensive marketing leadership experience for a high-profile consumer brand with evidence of shaping strategy and with strong execution skills.
* Strong brand marketing experience, ideally having shaped and launched a well-known consumer brand.
* Customer acquisition / lead generation experience across digital and offline channels, either leading an in-house team or executing via third-party agencies.
* Experience, awareness, or comfort working in a regulated industry, ideally financial services.
* A consultative approach to problem-solving with the ability to persuade and influence others through sound logical reasoning.
Intelligent People are a specialist Brand and Communications Marketing Director executive search firm.
Apply for this Job
You are applying for the following job: