This vacancy is now filled
Working for a rapidly growing fintech and software business whose products improve the lives of millions of consumers every day, the Senior Product Manager – Product Discovery / Innovation Product Manager / Product Lead will be part of a new consumer Tribe with a big focus on discover, innovation and bringing new products to market.
You’ll lead squads to success, delivering valuable outcomes for customers and consumers that solve real world problems within the retail and entertainment economy.
You’ll play a critical part in helping build and embed a strong Product Management discipline as the tribe grows.
You’ll bridge the gap between product strategy and development, becoming deeply focused on crafting and delivering solutions that tackle the most critical problems need to be solved.
You’ll work closely with the founders and the rest of the tribe, absorbing context on the mission, strategy and customer’s pains, translating them into digestible requirements that enable your team to launch solutions into users hands as fast as possible.
This is a hybrid role with 2-3 days per week in central London.
The Senior Product Manager – Product Discovery / Innovation Product Manager / Product Lead will:
– Work in a cross functional squad spanning engineering, design, & analytics to deliver solutions in line with the squad’s product strategy.
– Contribute to vision setting, then maintain and communicate the roadmap across the tribe
– Manage and prioritise the product backlog, translating product requirements into actionable value chunks that the squad can work to implement.
– Own, maintain, develop and enhance product KPIs, metrics and success criteria. Work with the tribe and your squad to define objectives and key results which will contribute to the tribe’s mission.
– Build and maintain strong relationships with founders and key stakeholders both within and outside of the tribe.
– Manage the launch of your product by working across all customer touch points from marketing, comms, pricing, distribution and customer support
– Launch early, fail fast and learn by putting our products into the hands of real customers.
– Contribute passion and enthusiasm for the product and customers. This means understanding and sharing the customers needs so that the teams are able and inspired to help;
– Make sure that your team is constantly doing the right things, and has a healthy balance of innovation, reducing technical debt and providing maintenance and support.
Candidates for the Senior Product Manager – Product Discovery / Innovation Product Manager / Product Lead role must have:
– Strong product management experience from any sector such as consumer, B2C, B2B SAAS, fintech, payments, eCommerce, Mobile services, etc.
– Experience working in a super fact paced environment where you innovate and execute at speed, such as a start-up or scale up business.
– Know when to draw upon the right tools, with the right level of detail, to understand and validate customer problems.
– Be a natural risk taker, and have the confidence to experiment in the real world with customers quickly.
– Have high emotional intelligence, are willing to listen and can ask the right questions to gain the context needed when making decisions.
– Can balance product pragmatism against purism, confidence to make the right call on the level of discovery, experimentation and measurement needed when launching solutions to customers.
– Love working with engineering teams, explaining the ‘why’ and working with them to define the ‘how’;
– Be obsessed with data and measurements of success for developments big and small;
– Be customer obsessed, bringing everything back to what our customers are trying to achieve;
– Have strong communication skills, leading the product vision with strong opinions loosely held, and have the ability to build influence and credibility amongst peers. You’re just as comfortable running through an engineering plan as you are presenting high level KPIs to the exec team;
– Use data to make decisions and can build strategies around collecting and measuring metrics that reflect the success (or failure) of initiatives;
Intelligent People is a specialist Senior Product Manager – B2C Discovery recruitment agency.
Find out more about how Intelligent People can help with product management recruitment.