Working with a global B2B brand that sells specialist solutions and products to international customers, the eCommerce Website Manager role involves driving success and growth of their website. As an eCommerce Website Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and optimisation of the Adobe eCommerce websites. Your primary focus will be to enhance the user experience, increase conversion rates and maximise product sales.
They are PE backed and are on a fast-paced scaling journey, with a tech transformation and growing digital, commercial and trading teams. They continue with their international growth and have clients all across the globe.
This is a hybrid role which is based North of Cambridge. You will need to attend the office 2 days per week. You will need to have a car, due to their location.
The eCommerce Website Manager will:
* Manage and maintain the overall operations, functionality and performance of the Adobe eCommerce websites.
* Conduct regular audits to ensure product information, pricing, and integration with the ERP is as spec.
* Optimise website content, navigation, and search functionality to improve user experience and increase conversions and sales, meeting needs for a frictionless customer experience.
* Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure traffic to the website through SEO, SEM, email marketing, social media, and other digital channels is meeting specified KPIs.
* Identify and troubleshoot any technical issues or bugs on the website, working internal and external resources as needed.
* Monitor website analytics and generate reports to track key performance indicators (KPIs) such as traffic, conversion rates, average order value, and customer engagement.
* Develop and execute A/B testing plans to optimise website elements such as layouts, product pages, and checkout process.
Candidates for the eCommerce Website Manager should have:
* Proven ecommerce and website management, preferably b2b experience.
* Strong experience using Adobe Commerce (Magento)
* Strong understanding of ecommerce platforms and best practices.
* Proficient in using ecommerce platforms, growing revenue.
* Familiarity with SEO, digital marketing, and analytics tools.
* Excellent analytical skills and ability to interpret data to drive actionable insights.
* Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Some experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Salesforce.
Find out more about how Intelligent People can help with ecommerce recruitment.