The podcast covers:
- The state of the product hiring market today and how product management recruitment has changed over the last 20 years
- How product management has moved from IT to a strategic partner for product-led companies and when companies should hire a CPO
- Whether we’re seeing more product practitioners getting a seat at the top table and how there are two main types of product leadership job
- Why you should be careful which job you wish for, and how to know when to stop trying to climb the career ladder
- Whether product job titles are getting more consistent and whether it’s true that job titles don’t matter
- Why women should consider not divulging their current salary as it can help to perpetuate gender biased salary and whether the gender pay gap is getting better or worse
- What hiring companies can do to make sure they’re developing a diverse talent pipeline and the importance of hiring for “not fit” rather than culture fit
Listen to the podcast below.
Interested in receiving FREE mentorship in product management? Join our Partner Up product management mentorship scheme to learn, develop and succeed in your career. We have over 70 experience product leaders signed up as a mentor – find a mentor to suit your product career needs today.