For a better understanding of your marketing results, it’s always a good idea to compare them with other marketers.
This comprehensive infographic on ecommerce email marketing statistics will help you to catch up with the latest benchmarks in the field.
Also, you may find extremely useful insights for your future marketing campaigns.
The following infographic was composed by Omnisend after analyzing data from newsletters and automated emails sent by 7,200 businesses.
So, let’s dive and see what we’ve found.
9 Takeaways from 2018 Ecommerce Email Marketing Statistics:
- For more effective list building, it’s better to use several different kinds of opt-in forms. Landing pages and the interactive forms have the best signup rates.
- Opt-in forms asking for three pieces of information perform better than asking for one or two pieces.
- Subscribers most tend to share their names (7.41%) and phone numbers (10.15%) in addition to email addresses.
- While November has the most campaigns sent, the first half of the year performs best overall.
- The best time to send emails – 8.00 am. and 13.00 pm. At these hours the open and click rates are the highest.
- The best days to send emails are at the beginning of the month – 1st, 4th, 11th, and 19th.
- Speaking of email automation, a series of three emails performs better than a single automated email. For cart recovery workflow, a series brings 63% higher results, for customer reactivation – 75%, for welcome workflow – even 90% higher results.
- The order confirmation and post-purchase emails generate the greatest engagement (opens and clicks). However, the cart recovery email is king among all automation workflows. With a 2.39% conversion rate, this workflow outperforms an order confirmation, post-purchase, and even welcome emails.
- In general, automation workflows have up to 309% higher opens and 455% better click rates than bulk promotional email campaigns.