Product management training courses are a must in this fast-paced sector, which is constantly changing as new technologies emerge and consumer expectation change.
To be successful in product management, you’ll need to keep up to date with industry trends, have a natural affinity for problem solving and be able to think outside of the box. How do you keep up with the latest in the field? With the many product management training courses out there, it’s hard to know where to start, so we’ve gathered a list of 5 product management training courses for you to consider.
Mapping is an invaluable learning and communication tool you can use to break down any system, flow or process into digestible elements. This process will empower you to work through problems visually with your team, pulling apart complexity to uncover the next most valuable action.
In this course by Mind the Product, you’ll cover:
- Problem Definition – Setting a goal for your map (what problem are you trying to work through, or what opportunity are you trying to uncover)
- Building your Map – Working through your own challenges by building your own map, with class discussions about how your peers are applying this thinking to their own work
- Mapping Process – Different approaches to maps, how to map when you have gaps in your knowledge, and processes for different mapping scenarios
- Mapping Culture – What a mapping and systems thinking culture looks like, how you can ensure internal support of the mapping process, and an overview of map facilitation techniques
- Become more effective by learning the skills, tools and processes used in leading companies today
- Gain confidence and insight through a thorough understanding of your role and by sharing experiences with peers from other companies
- Get certified which demonstrates your commitment to professional development
- Become more professional with a year’s access to an online toolbox crammed with best practice resources, tools and checklists
Other product management training courses from Product Focus includes this course. In this course, you will learn how to manage a product management function, department or team.
- Become more effective as a product leader – learn how to manage product management not just do product management
- Gain confidence through a thorough understanding of your role and by sharing experiences with peers from other companies
- Use Product Focus’s powerful unique tools to review the product management in your business and improve performance
The Product Manager HQ Product Owner Certification Program equips you with the resources and tools to distinguish you as a reputable product owner among your colleagues.
In this course, you’ll:
- learn the fundamentals needed to be a reputable product owner
- Acquire the tools, insight, and knowledge required to craft a personalised framework for product ownership that emphasizes sound managerial practices and team unity throughout each stage of software product implementation
- Discover the key responsibilities and roles expected of product owners as well as the frameworks and methodologies that are used by the very best product owners to deal with the various challenges they come across as product leaders
In this program by Northwestern, you’ll learn a cradle-to-grave approach for managing and optimizing the life of a product or service. You will be equipped to think like the CEO of your product or service, all in a flexible, online format.
In this course, you’ll learn to:
- Develop a strategic mindset that anchors product strategy as the pathway to growth
- Manage partner ecosystems and learn how to create win-win partnerships
- Develop a go-to-market strategy using the 7-Elements Framework
- Create buyer personas, positioning, and messaging
We’re always here to help you discover more product management training courses and find your next position within product management. Send us your CV and we will be in touch to help you in the next step of your career. We have over 20 years of experience within this sector, and we make it our mission to connect reputable brands with real talent.