This vacancy is now filled
Working for a hyper-growth & well-funded US Cyber Security software vendor that are offering generous equity, the Senior Technical Writer / Technical Content Strategist / Senior Content Lead role involves building and owning all aspects of their user assistance, help centre, platform and ‘how-to’ documentation. This will initially be a hand-on role where you’ll build out their technical writing content function, but will then involve building a team over time.
The organisation help their global enterprise customers ensure full and continuous cyber protection across all security assets, the first solution to do this.
The Senior Technical Writer / Technical Content Strategist / Senior Content Lead role is mostly UK remote, with 3 days per quarter in London for team collaboration sessions.
The Senior Technical Writer / Technical Content Strategist / Senior Content Lead will:
– Support teams on overall customer education and onboarding strategy.
– Help to distil technical and product knowledge from across the organisation and make it engaging and accessible to customers.
– Produce, edit, and maintain excellent documentation and context-sensitive user assistance that clearly explains the operation, user interface, programmability, maintenance, and tuning of all products.
– Produce material for a number of different technical audiences such as security leaders, security analysts, data analysts and administrators.
– Build relationships and collaborate with product managers, engineers and customer teams to gather relevant product knowledge, and present this information in a clear, concise and readily consumable way.
– Hold team members accountable for producing the raw content needed to succeed.
– Be comfortable working on multiple documentation projects in parallel and produce high quality deliverables on time and in a predictable manner.
– Develop the content production tool chain, including selecting and operationalizing a CMS or single-sourcing system.
– Develop content production process to ensure all product releases are supported with high quality user assistance content.
– Build a tech writing team, initially with one contractor or full-time hire.
Candidates for the Senior Technical Writer / Technical Content Strategist / Senior Content Lead role must have:
– Strong experience delivering technical documentation for large enterprise software products.
– Experience reviewing low-level technical descriptions and gathering information from engineering teams, then translating them into customer-facing documentation.
– Excellent communication skills, showing consistency, clarity, content organization, attention to detail and a strong command of the English language.
– Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills.
– Ability to write clearly for multiple audiences.
– Ability to proactively identify documentation gaps, and work to address them.
– Ability to take projects end-to-end in a fast-paced, Agile-based engineering environment.
– Experience building a content production toolset using a CCMS, XML-based CMS, or documentation as code.
– Experience managing the work of other Tech Writers (contractor or full-time).
– Familiarity with producing topic-based, modular content.
Desirable experience includes:
– Experience with Cyber Security services (ex. Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Security, Identity and Access Management)
– Experience with data integrations (ex. ETL, Data Flow)
– Experience documenting data models & APIs
– Experience producing video content
Find out more about how Intelligent People can help with marketing recruitment.