This vacancy is now filled
We have been retained by a rapidly scaling eCommerce software & logistics business to search for a Chief Marketing Officer / Marketing Director / Head of Marketing to drive customer growth across the UK and other international territories. They’ve grown rapidly organically and are already being approached by acquirers, but prospects are too exciting to exit within the next 3 years. They’ll likely take on their first funding in 12 months to continue scaling globally.
Reporting into the Founder/CEO, the Chief Marketing Officer / Marketing Director / Head of Marketing will have overall responsibility for forming and executing all aspects of their marketing strategy to acquire, delight and retain medium sized and enterprise customers globally. The role will have a particular focus on sales enablement and lead generation campaigns to onboard new customers and drive revenue growth.
You’ll initially lead a small internal team of three, so the role will require someone who is capable of being very hands-on and close to the detail of execution, but also capable of operating at a highly strategic level.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned marketing leader who enjoys a rapid scaling journey and is comfortable being very hands on initially.
This is a hybrid role with 2-3 days per week working from home and the rest with the exec team at their head office in Kent.
The Chief Marketing Officer / Marketing Director / Head of Marketing will:
* Develop and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy that contributes to the company’s ambitious growth goals, including lead generation across all channels, product marketing, sales enablement, customer acquisition and partnerships.
* Build a high performing lead generation capability using Hubspot, where you’ll drive high quality leads and track them through the conversion funnel, working with sales teams to measure progress and performance, continually optimising.
* Be fully responsible for the business’ reputation and recognition; including Brand, PR & Comms.
* Take full ownership of all KPIs relating to customer acquisition and retention.
* Continuously conduct market reviews and competitor analysis to understand how the business can optimize value for its customers.
The Chief Marketing Officer / Marketing Director / Head of Marketing must have:
* Strong marketing leadership experience for a fast-growing B2B tech business across all marketing functions (ideally experience with a retail logistics, supply chain, WMS tech vendor, although this is not essential).
* Proven experience delivering highly successful lead generation campaigns for a fast-paced, scale-up business, ideally using Hubspot.
* Ability to set the strategy but also strong comfort being very hands on and close to the detail, as the team is very small initially.
* Very strong numerical and analytical skills to measure activity and drive performance.
* Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Experience working with Hubspot or other web analytics tools.
Intelligent People are a specialist Chief Marketing Officer executive search firm.
Find out more on how Intelligent People can help with marketing executive search.