This vacancy is now filled
Product Designer, eCommerce, OUTSIDE IR35
3 Month contract initially
Part remote (2 days per week in London/Covent Garden area)
Rate £500 – £550
Working for a large global B2C eCommerce business in the entertainment space, the Product Designer / UX Designer role involves improving and optimising the purchase experience, particularly focussing on basket value and checkout experience (web and mobile). Core skills are Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin and Figma.
You’ll work with a product and engineering team of approx 30 to lead testing and optimisation work to improve the customer experience.
This is a 3 month contract outside IR35, with high probability of extension, part remote based with 2 days per week (ideally) in London/Covent Garden.
The Product Designer / UX Designer will:
– Utilise a multi-disciplinary approach to design.
– Provide engaging and intuitive user experiences across digital products.
– Proactively seek qualitative and quantitative customer insight and data to inform design decisions.
– Test design concepts with customers and iterate designs in response to customer feedback.
– Create design specification documents, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc, that address validated customer and business problems.
– Work within and actively develop a component-based design system.
– Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers and Data Analysts to ensure designs meet business, customer and technical needs.
– Be a strong advocate for user-centric design practices when solving design requests and challenges.
– Encourage this user-centric culture and enforce UX and brand guidelines for each digital solution.
– A strong communicator, with the ability to liaise with Product Managers and other stakeholders to understand their roadmaps and requirements
Candidates for the Product Designer / UX Designer must have:
– Previous experience in a Product Design/UX role in a transactional eCommerce environment, from any sector such as retail, travel, hotels, holidays, airlines, ticketing, finance, insurance, price comparison, etc.
– Ideally experience of Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin, Figma, InVision, Adobe CC
– Design experience in an Agile environment
– Responsive web experience
– Experience working with design systems or component libraries
– Experiencing designing for a white label / themed solution
– Experience creating and testing variants using A/B & MVT testing
– Experience with a range of research techniques, such as usability testing, concept testing, design research, 1:1 qualitative user research
Find out more about how Intelligent People can help with product management recruitment.